6/19/2010

Sang in the middle of Detroit city...

Wow... This was the first time to play in Detroit. I mean we played at live venues in Detroit but they were all inside. Yesterday, it was the outside concert in the middle of Detroit city. Just in front of the huge General Motors building. Yes, the river side!

To be honest, I was scared first because... the thoughts: "It is really OK to sing in Japanese in front of people in Detroit?!?!?!?!?!"

There are reasons why I felt so.
I have heard about the conflict between Japanese car and American car in Detroit. Some of my friends who worked for a Japanese car company had some difficult experiences there. Also some of my American friends told me, "You'd better to be careful."

But... I still think... Music is Music, no matter what language the songs are.
I just said myself, "Just enjoy. Believe the musical power."

Nice breeze, sunlight, river side view... all encouraged me to just enjoy!

And, you know what happened?
Oh... wow... people over there were very warm.... Many of them told me, "I love your music!!!" They looked like very enjoying during the show!
I could not hold my tears during singing "Can I Be Born Again?"

To me, Detroit is one of the dream city since I was a child because of Motown Music!!!!
And... I could sing in the middle of the city!!!! Wow...

These videos were shot just after the show. You may see how I felt from my facial expression. (????)



and one more...



oh well... anyway...

I really really appreciate River Days staff, all warm open-minded audience, my wonderful special band members, and Music....

Feel full of love...


T

http://tokoshiiki.com

No comments:

Post a Comment