6/11/2010

Dance Dance Dance

After coming back to US, I keep reading Murakami's books. Starting with "1Q84" and going back to his first novel and continue the journey...

How many times I already re-read those books? Wow... Every time, something fresh impact comes to my heart. This time, especially, "Dance Dance Dance". It became one of my favorites! Oh wow!

First time I read it, I guess that I was at my early twenties. Bit too young to understand his (Main character's) perspective of life. Still loved it, though.
(By the way, now I felt the his early books ("Hear The Wind Sing", "Pinball, 1973", "A Wild Sheep Chase") are a little bit out-of-date (in not bad way.) They gave me the feelings that I'm seeing "past". (I didn't live in 1960's at all, though.) In other words, I already passed those stories and moved forward. But I say again, fortunately I still love them.

Anyway, "Dance Dance Dance" just fits me at this point of my life.
Like I mentioned, every time I read, I felt something different from the previous impression that I got from his stories. I think, it's because I have been changing. Those stories came through me, stayed inside me, gradually became nutrition/wisdom, and I've lived with them and go on and on... Then, I re-visit the world, I find something different. And learn again. That's actually great... I don't have so many books I can read in this way

Soon, I'll leave from the "Dance Dance Dance". So, I'll take a break from Murakami World for a while. But until then, I keep floating (dancing) inside it freely. Not bad... Oh yes, I need to have a glass of Cutty Sark... (ah, it's too early to have it though! - I'm writing this at 10 am... ;P )

P.S. When I was at my Yuki's age, I wish I had that kind of relationship - the main character and Yuki. (Still his words hit me, at this point of my life, though)

P.S.2 listening to The Lovin' Spoonful
Woo viva 1960's


T

http://tokoshiiki.com

No comments:

Post a Comment