9/26/2013

International Photography Awards 2013 - 1st Place in People - Other category

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

2013 International Photography Awards Announces Winners of the Competition

Toko Shiiki was Awarded: 1st place in People - Other category for the winning entry "Time Traveler"


About Work:
At the conclusion of psycho-therapy, I decided to travel to Japan, to visit several locations from my childhood. During therapy, I had visited these places, in my mind, in order to find my own lost little self. When I would find "her" there, I would hold her hand, to live every "now" together. This therapy was beneficial, but, I kept wondering: "Are these places actually the dark places I remember? Shouldn't I witness those places now, in order to confirm that these stories belong to my past?" I decided to photograph my self in these environments, as evidence of my process.

About Winner:
Born in Japan Lived, Learned, and experienced in Tokyo most of her life and moved to Michigan, USA 2005. I have a passion for photography that tell a story. Many of my images are inspired by my life experiences. Now, I have been working on the "inner-life documentary" project, to visualize what I've experienced at this present time... I find photography to be a most effective way to express my view of the world (inside and outside.) No matter what my subject is, I want to create images that tell a story. But it is my hope that every time people see my photographs, they will feel encouraged to interpret the images in their own way. Art is my life power, and I am still finding ways to let it speak through me...

About IPA:
The 2013 International Photography Awards received nearly 15,000 submissions from 103 countries across the globe. IPA is a sister-effort of the Lucie Foundation, where the top three winners are announced at the annual Lucie Awards gala ceremony. The Foundation's mission is to honor master photographers, to discover new and emerging talent and to promote the appreciation of photography. Since 2003, IPA has had the privilege and opportunity to acknowledge and recognize contemporary photographers' accomplishments in this specialized and highly visible competition. Visit www.photoawards.com for more details.
Contact:
Toko Shiiki:
tokophoto@gmail.com
http://tokoshiiki.com

IPA Contact
Linda Dzhema
Director, International Photography Awards
linda@iawardsinc.com
 

---------------------------

 Thank you very very very much for everyone who really supported me to do this project, from heart..... Thank you....

Toko

http://tokoshiiki.com

No comments:

Post a Comment