4/02/2011

Thinking and learning, a lot...

After the earthquake, I have been thinking a lot of thing related to it.
Really still non of word is equivalent to express this whole condition over there.
There are several friends who live in the hard area. I still can't find one of them. My mom said, "Before the earthquake, I didn't appreciate my daily life much. I took it for granted. Everyday life seemed to be boring. Not exciting. However, this whole event told me how happy to have that "everyday life". I'm now so thankful to be able to do those things that are used to be just boring or non-special thing. This whole things tells me a lot. Everyday I'm learning." 
I've been really learning too. She also said, "If there are two choices: holding worry, sadness, and anxiety or living now. I'd like to choose, focus, and appreciate "living now" this moment. I really agree with her.


Anyway, I'd like to do something... and got this idea: Postcard Project, Japan Relief 2011.
Now, I've been focusing "now" rather than just being sad, or holding negative thoughts. So much better... Thank many people who have been really supportive.....



OK, here is the details about the fundraiser event: Japan Relief 2011

A fundraiser using Art and Music to support Earthquake and Tsunami victims in Japan

(Here is the event page on FB http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=172994592749352 )


• Selling postcards and art works created by artists in Japan and Michigan to raise money for Japan!
(We will send the money via Japan Red Cross since they have a special account for the victims.)

• Live music by local musicians! The lineup will be announced very soon!! It will be a nice acoustic heartwarming jam!
Among those present will be:
members of October Babies (Erik Santos, Ben Lorenz, Dale King, Mike Ouellette, Toko Shiiki),
Frank Allison,
members of Dragon Wagon (Don Sicheneder, Troy Radikin), members of 16 More Miles (Jason Magee, Brian Poore),
members of Rootstand (Brant Losinki),
members of Origami Cat Plan (Paul Schubach)
members of Hullabaloo (Terry Carpenter),
members of 7 Come 11 (Leilani & Dennis O'Brien, Sean Paradis), and



I've been inspired to realize that there are so many supportive people in Michigan (and actually all over the world) Thank you so much...

Although I am Japanese, I now live very far away from Japan. I've been thinking of friends and family struggling through such hard conditions. I strongly want to do something for them, and after I had the idea for this benefit, I discovered so many people who wanted to contribute to this postcard project and event.  I really appreciate all of your help...

I hope you can make it!
Please invite your friends too!
The more the better.

Thank you very much!!





OK, move forward...



Toko



http://tokoshiiki.com

No comments:

Post a Comment